Rosaleen talking about her studio work in Crawford college of Art and Design

Welcome to Expanding Realities Forums Discussion Forum Relationships with Third level Rosaleen talking about her studio work in Crawford college of Art and Design

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Realexpand 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Realexpand
    Keymaster

Discussion with Rosaleen about GASP’s Studio work in Art college.
    It’s harder to do work in the centre. The room is small. I like the big room that we have in the college. When I’m there I would like to stay for the whole day there but my mum reminds me that I need to come home. I forget if I had a bad day when I’m working. After I sit down for five minutes I put out my paint and i start getting going and I feel great. The people working with us are very understanding and nice. WHen I heard the work COllege I thought “i’m going to college”. Since I went there I can think a lot. I can look at lots of things. I got off the bus on day and I looked at grand parade at three building and the car park, I went into the studio and could draw it no problem. When I go back to the bus I look at the buildings again and think…thats my picture.
    In the centre its too busy and too many people so I cant think so well. I can focus a lot on my work when i am in the college.

I am involved in an advocacy workshop, we go to Cork institute of Technology and we got certificates for our work and it felt very good. I do the programme in the centre in Montenotte and we went to CIT for the certificates.

About getting a qualification for my art. I would love it. Last year there was a meeting in UCC for people to go to college. There were lots of different subjects. I went with some of my friends and My friend got in. My mum thought it could be too much pressure, but the art makes me feel like I am doing something that’s good for me. I enjoy doing other things readings, crochet, but if I have nothing to do at home I would get my paints out to work. I like to focus on the art.

Realexpand
    Keymaster

Katie’s comments:
    I go to the college every wednesday and thursday. I get the taxi with john. I do art in parkview on Friday.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.