Visual overview of the Expanding Realities Erasmus + project.
Expanding Realities is a European Erasmus + partnership.
GASP Cork, Art in Motion (AIM) Bristol and Debajo del Sombrero Madrid are three dynamic projects engaging the creativity, and supporting the professional development of artists who have much to contribute to society as artists and citizens. They seek to break barriers in society and in the world of art that may exclude or limit the participation of artists who may need additional supports.
Over the 2 years of the project, together with CIT Crawford College of Art and Design, who are coordinating this project, they are developing, innovating, testing and exchanging approaches and practices related to :
- best practice in supported studios
- progression in learning and skills development
- development of career opportunities and professional development
- fostering identity as artists and citizens of the people who engage in their programmes.
The partnership have planned a number of activities to achieve its aims including:
- Ongoing exchange and discussion around practice and innovation on discussion platform on this site.
- Public engagement projects exploring artist citizenship taking place in each country.
- International workshops in each country sharing best practice and innovation in approaches they have developed.
- International meetings between partners to maximise exchange and learning and the potential of all activities
- Development of resources and tools that can be used by others working in the field
- Engagement with art colleges to explore partnerships, access and approaches to cooperation
- Development of accredited training for practices in this field
- Presentation of a large scale, multi-venue international exhibition.
- Hosting a seminar that support awareness, and reflection related to work in this field and to share learning of the partnership.